Tuesday 12 April 2011

Bra Humbug

So I've had an awful day. Woke up late, then found a dead baby bird on the swinging chair outside. My immediate reaction was to take a photo, so I could show you guys. Cause I'm a little bit strange like that.
So, I run to get my camera. I get back to the bench, bird still there, and take a photo. I go to look at the photo and the camera screen is flashing [No Card]. Ok, I think, and run back upstairs to the laptop, to get the card from the card reader slot.
No card.
I'm a bit befuddled, so I search the room for a while, the the other bedroom, then the lounge, then the bathroom. 
No card.


Now I'm getting panicked. No card = no photos AND no more photos for the rest of the holiday, or til I have the chance to get a new card, seeing as my camera has no internal memory. Anyway, I settle down, thinking if it's going to turn up it will do.


And then we go on a walk, the regular walk, up and around the woods. I'm walking slowly thinking 'what did I do with that freaking card?!' What was I wearing yesterday? Jeans and a dress. I'd checked in the jeans pockets, and it wasn't in there, and there's no way it could go anywhere in the dress as the dress doesn't have pockets.
Last night I was so tired, I just fell asleep in what I was wearing. Aha! SD card = FOUND.


I'd put it in my bra, for some idiotic reason. I hardly ever do that, but obviously the bra has more uses than just the one. I actualyl recall my mother once losing the car keys, getting frantic and finding them there.


Lesson to be learned? Oh yes. Whenever you lose something - check your bra. 

No comments:

Post a Comment