Monday 11 April 2011

That moment

Do you not just HATE that moment where you're flicking through countless channels, and can't find anything to watch?


I've come from a household where we don't have a TV. Shocking. Here come the floods of questions. "What do you do in the evenings?" "How do you survive?" "I couldn't do that..." Well it's actually rather easy. You go do something practical. Like take photos, or go and meet friends. Read a book, or study! I honestly think it makes you a better person.
But on the other side, as you know I'm staying with my aunt in Loughborough, and they have a television. And there is like NOTHING on that interests me in the slightest.
I'll admit. When shows like Britain's Got Talent and X-Factor come on, I'll watch them. I tend to enjoy those a lot, but regular daytime TV is appalling. I think they've run out of original ideas so fill up the time slots with replays and other junk.





Producers for TV need to move over, and let the public choose what to watch, and when. It will solve so many timetabling issues. Like SKYplus. You can fast forward, rewind, record, pause. What CAN'T you do? It's obvious the the machine was built to satisfy a public that is restless with the current timetabling. That's also why the iPlayer was built. That and money.


Just a thought. Turn off your TV for a week. See what you do instead. I think, you might just surprise yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment